Sunday, September 2, 2007

El Sol Winery

El Sol Winery - Meet Hal Liske

Hal Liske used to put out fires. Now he's starting them. Hal was a firefighter in Hayward who retired and rather than staying in Hayward, he decided to come over the hill and make wine. Through sheer determination and hard work, he has created the El Sol Winery. I couldn't begin to tell you everything Hal told me because he is a wealth of wine stories and fermentation tales. He reminds me of a professor when he tells stories because he gets that gleam in his eye and his timing is like a poet. He is a heck of a nice guy and I like his product. He gave me a small glass of Port and discovered something I had never known. Liquid candy. This is great paired with a desert. I bought one of Hals 2002 "Contra Costa County Zinfandel". It was very enjoyable. Hals labels are beautiful. I then bought the El Sol "Livermore Cabernet".
Hal doesn't just stand there and pour. He answers each and every question completely.
http://www.elsolwine.com/ Hal Liske 925 606 1827

No comments: