Sunday, September 2, 2007

LITTLE VALLEY WINERY

As I was leaving Elliston Winery, I took a peek inside the old building and met Sandi Bohner at the bar. She told me she was a co-owner of Little Valley Winery. I realized some wineries share tasting rooms. She took the time to tell me the history of the old Elliston building and that there were seances there. I believe it. The place has that feeling. Not creepy but that it has had so much history that it is inconceivable that there isn't some residual energy there. She sent me outside to sample the Tempranillo. It won the Best of Class at the California State Fair 2007. I sampled it and it had a rich, thick taste. It is a Spanish wine also famous in Portugal. It was rich. I had images of a smoky bar with flamenco dancers and gypsy guitarists. When I return to sample the Elliston products, I'll report on the Little Valley Wines also.
The website is just being put together but if you look carefully, there are spirits there.
http://www.littlevalleywinery.com/

No comments: